Pages

6/21/11

YO-Yo

I gave it a go with a yo-yo. I have to say it was really easy and much faster than i expected. My daughter was in need of some really cute clothes. I am always making clothes and bows for others and hardly have time for her stuff. SO i made time and made her some really cute stuff. First a tutorial on how to make a yo-yo cause I know y'all want one with there being so few on the internet. ; )

Cut yourself out some 8' fabric circles. No need to be perfect as you can see mine are not. Make smaller circles if you want to stack or just need different sizes.


Set your sewing machine to the longest stitch then overlap a little.

Looks like this when pulled tight.

I embroidered a shirt for her. Snagged it at Walmart for $4.


Hand stitch it to the shirt.


Here's the finished product. I am really happy about how this turned out especially for my first time doing this!

I had an extra one so i made her a hair clip. I just hot glued a alligator clip to the back and hot glued a button on top.

Thats it so simple yet so pretty. Enjoy! Let me know if you find this tutorial helpful to you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Nina! It came out wonderful :)

One of Many Jens said...

too cute!